Friday, January 7, 2011

Whoever invented Christmas vacation didn't consult single parents about it!

My youngest is back to school, finally. My oldest has two more weeks of uselessness remaining.

I gave Quinn a work list today. I expect him to get it all done in the next nine days. I handed him the list then walked away from micro-managing the situation. That was tough! It's going to be a daily challenge for me. I have to come up with a consequence for the things he doesn't get done. He's 18...do 18-year-olds still living at home with Mom get consequences?

  • I can't take car keys and driving privileges from him since he doesn't have is license yet.
  • I can't take away the XBox, or his computer. That's just a little too juvenile.
  • I can't dock his allowance, he's still working off about $400 and he's not getting any money from me.
  • I can't stop feeding him.

I could use some suggestions...

No comments:

Post a Comment