Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm kinda proud of myself at the moment...

I was looking over my old posts and found one from 2009 where I talked about what my personal goals were. And as I read over them, I realized that nearly every one of them was definitely under construction! This is the first time in my life where I've experienced the realization of my goals. It feels really good!

  1. I am living in my dream home now. It's exactly in the neighborhood I wanted to live in. I don't own it, yet, but we did sign a lease-option-to-buy agreement. It needs work, but there are a lot of tall windows in the living room that let in light from the backyard. I'll eventually be putting in a folding glass door that leads to an outdoor living space. There's a small outer structure I'm going to convert to a studio. Only the bathrooms and kitchen need renovating (the house was built in 1952) and the entire electrical and plumbing system will need to be replaced. And the central air unit will need to be replaced as well. And I'm going to install glass doors on the fireplace. I can absolutely see my dream car parked in the driveway!
  2. I'm definitely on the road to better health. I'm no longer on blood pressure medication. I'm still controlling the type 2 diabetes with diet and exercise, even though I'm getting older. I'm managing stress a lot better, and all the divorce drama is over. I'm more active than I used to be, and I have to thank the Pilates classes for that.
  3. I am raising my sons on my own. They are happy right now, feeling safe and at peace. They have friends, activities, places to go. They are involved in their grandparents' lives, even in this difficult time. We're still working on a lot of issues, but that's all a part of the parenting timeline.
  4. I'm just getting back to school. The scope of my education has broadened to enhance my current career goals.
  5. I haven't started writing the books and plays yet. I'm still gathering life experience. But I have started my web design business, have published one client's website, have another one in the pipeline plus four more serious prospects. I have a new desktop computer and all the resources needed to get my work done, and I've even hired a business coach to help me stay focused on my goals, even when my mother calls to disrupt my life everyday.
  6. I have chosen to put off finding a life partner. My life is very full. I do not have time for dating and everything that goes with that. It would be too distracting. I'm still trying to get solid with who I am, a complex, non-traditional woman. They don't make men for women like me. Or at least, I've never met one. And I don't believe there are any in my small town.
I don't have any new goals to add to the list. Just the regular micromanaging sort...do the laundry today, file papers in the office, walk the dog. And I want to find out if I can redo my sprinkler system all by myself. And there's a stump in the side yard I want to get rid of. And learn how to prune roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment